We are excited to announce that we are having another baby!!! .Baby Bowden is due on May 1st, and we are one excited family! Babies are suddenly "all the rage" throughout the house. Isaiah and Anna are busy mothering monkeys, elephants, cats, and baby dolls. They frequently have "a baby in MY tummy, too!" They are very excited about their new baby brother/sister. Here they are "backing" their "babies" Nigerien-Style.
What a good big brother and big sister they'll be!
To all of my faithful followers, I sincerely apologize for allowing 3 whole months go by since I last blogged. To be honest, this last month has been incredibly difficult for us. I suffered severe morning sickness that kept me nearly bedridden. I was only able to get up to perform the most menial tasks. Jonathan has been super-daddy and super-husband! I don't know what I would have done without all of his extra help. He put so much time and effort in, on top of all of this regular teaching and ministry responsibilities. He is my hero!
.
I am, at last, seeing the light at the end of this long, foggy tunnel of nausea! This last week, I have felt almost .normal (well, as normal as a pregnant woman can feel - ha!). I am beginning to be able to keep fluids and solids down consistently for the first time in 4 weeks.
.
We are SO EXCITED about this new little Bowden! We can't wait to meet him/her! We will be completing our first term here in Niger, then returning to the States for a several-month furlough, and the delivery of the baby. Please pray for us all, especially for me and the baby, for safely, health, strength, and grace.
.
Our Nigerien friends are all very excited about the new baby, too, and have already titled it, "Dan Niger", which means, Son of Niger. I'm sure they won't mind switching that to "Diyar Niger" if it turns out to be a little Daughter of Niger! .:) All in all, this child will be loved and welcomed by many, on both sides of the ocean. What a blessing. What a heritage. Our cup overflows!
.
.
.
Yipee!!! We are so excited for you! And so glad to hear that your morning sickness is passing: let it be! Wow! That one picture of Anna looks a LOT like you (in my opinion!) Lovely little lady that she is.
ReplyDeleteAs always, you are in our thoughts and prayers! (And your package should be coming your way soon)
Can't believe the change in the kid's...especially Anna! Wow she looks so grown up! Won't be long and we'll see them in person!!! Dad Bowden
ReplyDeleteSo very excited for you all! Gotta see you while you are here & talk & listen & talk and love and hug and excited for you all! Hope to hear extended stories of what the Lord has been doing in & through you all! You are impacting so much more than what you can see! XO
ReplyDelete