We are all gearing up for a big day tomorrow! My friend, Rebecca, is getting MARRIED!!! (See her story in Grieving with Joy, and Beauty for Ashes.) She has been engaged for about five months now to a very nice young man named Adamou. We are excited for Rebecca, Adamou, and Amy as they begin this new journey of becoming a family tomorrow.
.
.
Rebecca and Amy - sorry, I don't have a picture of Adamou yet. Guess you'll have to wait for wedding pictures tomorrow! :)
So! My job was to make Rebecca's wedding cake. I couldn't make a cake without my little kitchen-helper, Anna! She ate more frosting than anything, but it was fun to have her company - well, I had her company until she realized Mommy wouldn't let her snitch anymore goodies!
Here we are - ready, set, go!
.
.
.
We weren't the only ones to have busy preparations all day. While I worked on my labor-of-love in my kitchen, a half-dozen ladies set up kitchen, Nigerien style, out in my back yard! They made hundreds and hundreds of tiny fried cakes. The cakes were yummy! I got to sample one.
.
.
.
We all have matching outfits ready to go, fresh from the tailor's. Here in Niger, when there is a big celebration, a certain type of fabric is chosen for the occasion, and anyone who would like to can buy some and have an outfit made. Tomorrow, all four of us will show up for the wedding, along with dozens of Nigerien friends, wearing the fabric Rebecca has chosen for her wedding. Isaiah and Anna are soooo excited about wearing their new outfits! I'm not going to show you our outfits until tomorrow. Since the wedding will probably last at least 3 hours, then the reception will go on for quite some time as well, however, I'll be doing really well if I can post pictures by tomorrow. You'll see them soon, one way or another!
.
.
We are excited to see the Lord blessing Rebecca. She has walked a long, difficult road over the past few years, but she has faithfully continued to trust in Jesus every step of the way.
.
Tomorrow, if you think of us, please pray God's richest blessing on Rebecca, Adamou, and Amy!
.
Tomorrow, if you think of us, please pray God's richest blessing on Rebecca, Adamou, and Amy!
.
.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOk, So I posted a comment... and tried to edit it... and it ended up deleted. Ah well! As you were getting married, Rebecca, I was rejoicing! I know you will be a crowning glory to your husband. May you delight yourselves in each other, may you strengthen each other, may you be filled with grace and love for each other!
ReplyDeleteAnd, Dani, the cake you made was lovely! If I was getting married, I'd have you make my cake!!!
Love you!