Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tiny Additions

I am now the new "mommy" of three tiny, motherless kittens. We were originally hoping to take one or two of the litter after they had been weaned, but when their kitty-mommy was found dead three mornings ago, our plans changed a bit. Hand-feeding three hungry little mouths seemed like a pretty big task, but I would dare say that the whole Bowden family is enjoying the bouncing balls of fur that have joined the family!


Tiny kitties... just after we brought them home.


The kittens weren't used to being around people, so they were quite skiddish at first. I am thankful that we had the chance to hand-feed them. They are already warming up to us. They all come running when they hear me coming, tripping, head-over-heels, and falling into a big pile at my feet!



Beginning to explore...


It took everyone a while to adjust to eachother. We have to adjust to having little balls of fluff chasing our feet, playing with our toes, and meowing loudly whenever they're hungry or alone. .I am sure, for a fact, that the kittens are the ones with the greatest adjusting to do! . Nothing in their previous little lives could have prepared them for the initial shock of two excited, enthusiastic Bitty Bowdens! Isaiah and Anna are small to us, but to these kittens, they are giants! .The children are learning the valuable lessons of being gentle, being still, and being quiet. The kittens are also beginning to enjoy playing with Isaiah and Anna, and aren't as bashful around them as they were the first day.



I was very thankful when they started drinking from a plate, instead of needing to be dropper-fed!



Little buddies now...



It's good for the soul to see the three little tykes sound asleep in one big lump. Someday we'd like to get a dog, but for now, these are some wonderful tiny additions to our home in Niger!

.

1 comment:

  1. How FUN! Those wee little kitties must add a whole new dimension to your life. I hope you like cats. heh. (They never were high on my enjoyment list, much to the sorrow of my children.) I'm sure YOUR children are absolutely delighted! Enjoy those little puff balls!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete