.
...who probably ate more dough than cookies! :)
Check out this look of longing...
Upon arriving in Niger, we were the blessed recipients of a beautiful artificial Christmas tree! We were delighted beyond measure to be able to have one. That, along with some decorations that I brought from home, and some others that were given to me here, made for quite a cozy, lovely Christmasy atmosphere. We loved it! It was fun for us to be able to look at these pictures and realize how far our home has come since we moved here! We have painted, cleaned, and renovated much of it since first moving in, and the difference is quite dramatic!
Our tree has artificial snow on it. With its colored lights, it's a beautiful sight to behold, especially at night. All the Nigeriens loved it, too!
Our living room! I just had the couch cusions recovered, and I am working on sewing new curtains for all of the windows. This was my favorite Christmas room!
This is a traditional African broom that I hung on my wall and spruced up with festive touches!
Our nativity set is our most prominent Christmas decoration every year!
It has been a privilege for us to celebrate this Christmas in Niger. On a daily basis, our appreciation, love, and gratitude for Jesus' coming, His death on the cross, His resurrection, and the free gift of salvation that He gives continues to grow!
On to Niamey!
.
We had a delightful treat on Chrismtas Eve! Pastor Neal and Danette Childs took us to one of their favorite places located just outside of Niamey - a beautiful sand dune. We spent the evening enjoying the view, enjoying one another's company, and waiting for the sun to set. The setting of the sun was breathtaking!
Our little Anna...
She's off to change the world!
Isaiah...
...ready to play football on the dunes!
Daddy-Daughter time...
Anna loved sliding down the dune on her belly. It was absolutely adorable! The only catch was that Mommy or Daddy had to carry her back up to the top again, as it was too steep for her to climb herself. Talk about a work-out!
Sunsets never cease to take my breath away.
Christmas Day!
.
We spent a very special Christmas Day with the Childs families! Thank you Pastor Neal, Danette, Tanika, Tobi, Pastor Ron, and Jerry! Here we are sharing Christmas dinner together!
.
One of my dad's flights was canceled at the last minute, leaving him stranded in Togo for an extra day. Words can't describe how happy we all were to be together again when we finally picked him up the next morning!
Welcome to Niger, Dad!
Praise God! Safe in Niger after a long trip!
Happy reunion!
These are just a few quick glimpses of our 1st Christmas in Niger! There is so much more to write! I want to share about my dad's incredible trip, as well as give an update on how Rebecca and Amy are doing.
Before I close, I want to thank each one of you who have blessed us this Christmas by calling, emailing, sending packages, and blessing us finacially! Our cup overflows, as do our hearts. Your thoughtfulness has meant the world to us! Thank you!
Thank you especially to our dear church family from Lawrenceville Baptist Church for sending Dad (Pastor Bob), along with the 3 suitcases of supplies for us! Wow! We are speechless and overwhelmed by your love and generousity! Words can't express how we feel! Thank you!
Please stay tuned for Part 2, coming soon!
Ah, Dani! That was lovely! O, how I've thought of you and prayed for you in the recent weeks! Andrew and I are SO glad your dad was able to be with you; I wish I could have been a stow-away so I could hug you! :-)
ReplyDeleteYou all look great. Your kids look like they have so much fun in all the pictures you post. The sand dunes looked vast and wide, open in their raw beauty. What fun to sink little toes into the sandy goodness, roll and slide down the hills, and then have a loving mommy and daddy to wash all the sand away!
I hope you and Jonathan had a time of refreshing with your dad! I'm sure you did.
Know that you are much loved in the Bajus home; Abbi prayed for "our friends in Africa" tonight - even they think of you often!
Much love, Licia