Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thankful

So many things to be thankful for...

I'm thankful that the Lord provided us with a home that suits our families needs - perfectly!

I'm thankful that I am finally learning the Hausa language... sitting through a church service and trying to buy vegetables in the market are just not as fun when you can't understand a word that's being said!

I'm thankful that I have such a wonderful husband. Jonathan spent a lot of time making my birthday this past Sunday really special. He even found chocolate to give me as a gift! It, along with some other yummy goodies, were wrapped in lovely wrapping paper that he managed to find in one of the Maradi stores. He decorated my room with balloons and streamers (toilet paper streamers - that's ingenuity for you!), and hacked into my FaceBook to leave a special message on my status. Awww... I just love my man!

I'm thankful for my children. I feel as though I'm watching Isaiah and Anna blossom before my very eyes. Isaiah talks a mile-a-minute now, and Anna climbs fast enough to cause any young mother's heart to miss a beat as she's discovered - proudly standing on the highest surface she can master. They are settling in beautifully - especially since we moved into a home of our own. I could just hug 'em and squeeze 'em all day long!

I'm thankful for sunshine (110 degrees two days ago - how about that!) and I'm thankful for rain (it cools things down so beautifully!). I'm also thankful for the AC Jonathan and I have in our bedroom and in our Land Cruiser! It's a lifesaver!

I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to go out to a village with a visiting medical team last week. It was a dream come true! I realized half-way through my day there that I was actually living a moment I dreamed about over 10 years ago... A dream that, at the time, I thought could never come true. Wow! How good the Lord is to bring me step by step to this place.

I'm thankful for Jesus Christ, and the free gift of salvation that He has given us. I'm thankful for the freedom, the joy, and the peace that I live in because I gave my life to Him. Every day, I am surrounded by hundreds of people who have never walked in, or even heard about, this salvation, this joy, this freedom, and this peace. I was dumbfounded last week when I looked down one alleyway and realized I could see over a hundred people going about their daily lives - and that was just one small street. The thought hit me - "How many of these people have ever heard about Jesus?"

I am thankful for you. So many of you have lifted me up - encouraging me by calling, writing letters, emailing, FaceBooking, sending packages, and most of all praying. I can't describe how much it means. Thank you!

So many things to be thankful for! My cup overflows...

No comments:

Post a Comment