We are staying in Niamey, Niger's capital city for the month of July. This transitional phase is key because here we fill out papers required by the government, register with the American Embassy, open a bank account, purchase a Land Cruiser, and make preparations for our move to Maradi, our final destination! Maradi is about 8 hours east of Niamey, and we should be moving there in about 3 weeks.
I want to share a few quick clips from some of our time in Niger over the past 2 weeks!
.
Our first Sunday morning in Niger! We love the African services! Isaiah is playing his new African drum, a gift from our wonderful hosts, Ron and Jerry Childs. He is intently watching the drummer, trying to get the rhythm down!
.
Our sweet little Anna Delight! She's thriving in Niger!
.
And speaking of thriving, GOTTA love mango smoothies!!! Mmmm...
.
We had a sand storm blow through! It is quite the phenomenon to watch. It almost resembles a solar eclipse - the sun is darkened for a few minutes and it almost seems like it's night outside. This pictures is taken looking out from our window. 5 minutes prior to it being taken, the sky was blue, and everything was bright and sunny!
.
Here is my incredible husband, Jonathan, with Isaiah. They are both proudly sporting their new Vie Abondante (Abundant Life!) hats! Isaiah sure does love his Daddy. And so do I!!! Jonathan has been working so hard every day to get our big to-do list done! He always makes time to play with the kids and help with the house work, too. You are my hero, Honey! I love you!
.I am very proud of the first pizza I made in Niger! It was soooo yummy, too!
This picture was taken at Vie Abondante's Summer Children's Camp, a program that involves over 300 children! Anna is a big hit among the Nigerien children. Everyone wants to hold her! She enjoys the attention, but is always ready to come back to Mommy!
.
This is Isaiah at the Children's Camp. I just can't keep this little guy away from drums. He ever turned his animal balloon into a great big drum stick!
.
Isaiah's first ever can of Sprite! He was just as proud as a peacock when his new friend, Tobi Childs, gave him this special treat!
.
Cows and goats come to graze on this marsh that lies in between the Childs' house (where we are staying) and the Niger River. It is quite a stunning view... Very beautiful and peaceful. Isaiah loves to watch the animals come and go!
.
Isaiah just loves spending time with Tobi. In this picture they are taking a break from lizard hunting! I just love Isaiah's smile here. It makes my heart melt, and I think, "I just LOVE this little guy!"
.Soooo!
.
We are HERE!
.
And we are DOING WONDERFULLY!
.