Sometimes you can tell what season you're in by what you find in your shoes when you put them on! I'm not in Niger yet (that's coming very soon), so I don't have to worry about scorpions, but yesterday, I put my slippers on and found that my foot was not alone! I was sharing it with Mr. Potato Head's tongue. Sigh... So, yes, I am in a young mommy season! Another indication of this is that I have difficulty remembering dates, times, what project I just started, and what I came into a particular room for, but I always know:
1. where Monkey is,
2. where Anna's pacifier is,
3. where Isaiah's cup is, and
4. where Isaiah's stool is
(yes, the stool that he uses to get into all kinds of things, and the very same stool that keeps Mommy and Daddy up to date with fresh shin-bruises).
Just now, Isaiah is pounding away on his "drums" (a compilation of tin cans and plastic containers), and singing at the top of his lungs his own remix of "Joy to the World" and "Deep & Wide". I have to smile, and my mommy heart overflows...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WONDERFUL!!
ReplyDeleteThere's no shoes like Mommy shoes... and not just anybody can fill em'! You're doing a great job. We are SO excited for you guys!!! I wonder what you'll find in your shoes next year....